Viking Museum at Borg, Vestvågøy
Tourist in Norway, illustration photo. Copyright NG.
Location: Vestvågøy Municipality, Norway.
Text by The Viking Museum of Borg.
The Viking Museum of Borg is a living museum and adventure centre with emphasis on the Viking Age and the Middle Ages. Archaeological excavations have shown that there was once a mighty chieftain's seat here. Excavations continue.
At the Viking Museum, you can enjoy:
- The 83 m long reconstructed long-house, a reconstructed boathouse, a forge and the Viking ship "Lofotr"
- Old species of farm animals, e.g. wild boar, primitive sheep, and Nordland horses
- Experimental archaeology and experiments with practical handicrafts (textiles, woodwork, leather, bone and horn work.)
- Ancient farming techniques and cookery
- Horse-drawn transport, rowing the Viking ship, feasts in the banqueting hall
- Guided tours and exhibitions (exhibits from the excavations and other Viking Age finds from Vestvågøy)
- Sale of handicrafts in the Museum Shop
- Seminars and Theme Nights
|Hotels in Svolvaer, Norway
What about the Best Western Svolvaer Hotell Lofoten, Svolvaer? The Best Western Svolvær Hotell Lofoten and restaurant is situated in the center of Svolvær in a quiet part of the city. The hotel is decorated with reproductions of Edvard Munch, the owner's grand uncle. The Best Western Svolvær Hotell Lofoten has eight rooms with kitchenettes that are available.
See availability at www.travelnow.com
|Accommodation in Bergen?
Accommodation within 5 minutes walk from the funicular and the famous fish market in Bergen. Lovely terrace with a great view! Call us today at (+47) 913 02 310 or email us for booking.
The construction route «Rallarvegen» is a one hundred year old man-built transport road designed. For the conveyance of men and materials during the building phase of the most mountainous sector of the Oslo - Bergen Railway line.
Season from July to September.